Journalists Urged To Strive For Excellence In Their Profession
The event was hosted by Accra Breweries as a follow-up to workshops held for the journalists in Finance and Economics last year.
Organiser of the event, El de D Consult, say the journalists were brought together to interact and learn some soft skills needed to enhance their work. This has become necessary following complaints that standards are falling.
Seasoned journalist and Chief Executive of the Ghana Chamber of Telecommunications, Kwaku Sakyi-Addo; Head of Corporate Finance at Ecobank Development Corporation, Nana Amoto Mensah; and External Affairs Manager at Newmont Ghana, Yaw Antwi Dadzie, were invited to share experiences with the journalists and encourage them to aspire to higher heights.
Mr. Sakyi-Addo who has won several awards as a journalist and worked with a number of foreign media including Reuters and the British Broadcasting Corporation shared his personal experiences with the journalists and told them of the qualities that enabled him to excel in the profession.
He urged them to work hard and go the extra mile to get the job done. He explained that a good journalist will be recognised through his/her work.
He told them it is important for them to work hard even if their salaries are low because their hard work will be eventually recognised and rewarded. Mr. Sakyi-Addo also advised them to remain focused but ambitious.
- Pregnant Wife Storms Church, Scatters Nollywood Actor's Wedding to Girlfriend 0 comment
- "I Killed Eleven Babies for Money Rituals" 0 comment
- Insane woman 'kills' her whole family to get a break from work 0 comment
- What Agbani Darego Wore to the Wedding of her Younger Sister,Nengi Darego 0 comment
- Emulate my husband,Turai Yar’adua tells Jonathan 0 comment