Man, 24, Arrested For Stealing Money Counting Machine
The suspect, Abdul Salam Aremeyaw, a Togolese, is alleged to have made away with the car tape which he already sold to a taxi driver for GH¢10.
Briefing The Finder in Accra last Saturday, the Accra Regional Crime Officer, Chief Superintendent Emmanuel Frank Adufati, said at about 2:30am that day the suspect went to the car park of Agate Mabort Company Limited at the Ring Road Central opposite the Nima Police Station and broke into one of the parked vans with registration number GW 9643-X.
He said although there was security presence the suspect made away with the two money counting machines and the car tape.
He subsequently went to the Kwame Nkrumah Circle, Accra, where he offered the car tape for sale at GH¢10.
Chief Superintendent Adufati said in an attempt to sell the money counting machine, an informant contacted the police at about 8:30am that a young man was offering for sale the machines, which he suspected to be stolen.
He said a team of plain-clothed police detectives were dispatched to the scene at Circle where they managed to arrest him and retrieved the machines.
Abdul, according to Chief Superintendent Adufati, led the police to the car park where he executed his act.
- Police Arrest Pregnant Woman for Allegedly Setting Husband on Fire 0 comment
- Nicholas Osei, Pastor Caught Forcing Married Woman to Have S*x, Makes Headlines Again 0 comment
- Eighteen Nigerians to Be Executed in Indonesia for Drug Trafficking 0 comment
- Breaking: Gunmen Invade Birnin Gwari, Bomb Police Station and Banks 0 comment
- Anas Axposes Child Ritual Murder in Ghana, Burkina Faso 0 comment