EC sets July 31 for Wulensi By – Election
Dr Kwadwo Afari Gyan, EC Boss
The Electoral Commission (EC) has set July 31 for the Wulensi By-election. This follows the passing of the MP for the constituency Alhaji Sani Iddi.
Alhaji Iddi died after battling with illness for a while.
The Electoral Commission, in a statement signed by the Deputy Chairman in charge of Operations at the EC, Safo Kantanka, and copied to Citifmonline.comstated that the decision was arrived at in accordance with Article 112(5) of the Constitution of Ghana.
It went on further to say, “the Commission will take nominations for the said by-election on Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th of July 2012, at the district office of the Commission at Wulensi between the hours of 8:00am and 12:30pm and 1:30pm and 5pm.”
It added: “Nominations forms may be obtained from the District Office of the Commission at Wulensi or at the Regional Office of the Commission in Tamale.
“Candidates for the election shall provide two recent photographs (bust) with red background on the submission of their nomination forms.”
The Electoral Commission has, however, set the filing fee at Five Hundred Ghana Cedis (GH¢500).
- 70 Days Until Election 2012: Are We Moving Forward or Changing? 0 comment
- Samira Bawumia Supports 'Girls, Girls For Nana Addo' 0 comment
- Northern Assemblies Receive Over 44 Million Canadian Support 0 comment
- Vice President's Wife, Matilda Amissah-Arthur, Makes A Pledge 0 comment
- Children To Promote Peace In The Up-Coming Elections 0 comment