President Mills Funeral Slated For August 8-10, Accra
The family has slated August 8-10 for the funeral of the departed President.
According to Kwesi Amissah, a brother to President Mills, the family in consultation with government reached an agreement that the late President be buried in Accra at a special cemetery which will be announced soon.
Mr Amissah, who was speaking on Metro TV Friday afternoon from Prof Mills' family home in Akamfua in Cape Coast, said all the confusion surrounding his burial has been cleared.
He said initially, certain people had tried to demand that he buried somewhere else; those at Cape Coast had wanted him to be buried at Otuam but after meetings with government in Accra, they had agreed on the capital.
Mr Amissah stated emphatically that all the final funeral rites would be held in Accra adding there would be no other ceremonies anywhere else.
He said they were now waiting for the government to communicate the date for the funeral rites and burial.
Mr Amissah also revealed that President Mills' one week would be held at his Regimanuel Gray residence at the Spintex Road on Tuesday, July 31.
- 8 Ways to Stop Constant Bickering in Your Relationship 0 comment
- Fire Destroys Six Containers Of Goods At Esiama Market 0 comment
- Ekumfi District Benefits From GH¢1.2 Million Pineapple Growing Project 0 comment
- National Security Provides Boreholes To Central Regional Hospital 0 comment
- UCC: Rapist Identified By His Victim 0 comment