Ghana's Boxer Withdraws From London Olympics
Maxwell, who was part of the four boxers had to pull out of the competition because he was unable to recover from a jaw injury he sustained in Morocco during the qualifiers.
XYZ Sports' Umar-Farouk Atipaga who is in London for the games reports that even though the decision was a difficult one, it had to be taken to save the boxer from any permanent injuries.
This has further reduced the number of Ghanaian contingents at the tournament to eight.
The athletes are made up of three track and field athletes, three boxers, a judoka and one weightlifter.
Maxwell Amponsah, led Team Ghana out of the dugout hoisting the flag of Ghana during the glamorous official opening ceremony of the London Olympics on Friday night.
- Ghana Prodigy Atsu Named Rio Ave Player Of The Season 0 comment
- Sulley Muntari Doubtful For Novara Game 0 comment
- Bernard Bortey Haunted By May 9 Disaster 0 comment
- Ghana Federation President Backs Chelsea To Triumph Over Cotonsports 0 comment
- May 9 Remembered In Kumasi; Statue at Accra Sports Stadium 0 comment