DERECK CHISORA has admitted he was gutted by the Boxing Board of Control's decision to ban him indefinitely for his bare-knuckle punch-up with David Haye. But the controversial heavyweight has vowed he will be back in the ring to chase his dream of winning the world heavyweight crown.
Chisora said: "I'm bitterly disappointed my licence to box was taken away by the Board. Right now I am an ex-professional unable to earn a living.
"There is no time limit on how long the Board plan to keep me from fighting but at the same time, I understand I can re-apply for my licence at any time as well.
"My dream has always been to win the world heavyweight title and of course the punishment dished out is a big set back to me achieving those aims.
"But I will be back in the gym even though I do not know when the Board will grant me a new licence to box.
"I am already on record as saying I bitterly regret what happened in Germany. And if anyone wants to hear it again: I'm sorry.
"The Boxing Board's decision to withdraw my licence has really hurt me. But what is hasn't done is dampen my love for the sport.
"I don't for one minute think it will be hard to motivate myself in the gym even though my promoter Frank Warren cannot plan for any bouts in the immediate future."
Chisora faces another disciplinary hearing on March 21 when the WBC, who sanctioned his fight against champion Klitschko in Munich, decide whether to go ahead with their own indefinite ban.
WBC president Jose Sulaiman said: "He is a human being so we're not going to put him in the trash. He made a mistake. He must pay for the mistake but also we have to give him another opportunity."
Promoter Warren, who was at the hearing in Cardiff with Chisora and his legal representative, said: "We will have to consider our position carefully. The Board have given us 14 days to appeal their decision."
Chisora can apply for a licence to fight in any other country in the world but Warren added: "Dereck is British and wants to fight as a British boxer."
Chisora, 28, caused outrage when he slapped Vitali Klitschko at their weigh-in at Munich Olympiahalle earlier this month and later spat all over his younger brother Wladimir, the WBA, IBF and WBO champ, before the first bell.
There was more mayhem at the post-fight press conference when Chisora and former world champion Haye traded punches in a bitter bust-up that led to calls for Chisora to be banned for life.
Board secretary Robert Smith said: "The board have decided Dereck Chisora is not a fit and proper person to hold a licence and have withdrawn it with immediate effect."
Smith also confirmed that while the Board cannot hold Haye to account because he is officially retired, they will take his role in the brawl into account should he apply to regain his licence.